2011 is a very important year for Reverso, that is, the 80th anniversary of its watches. To this day, Reverso is still the most representative style of Jaeger-LeCoultre. This year is also of special significance to Italy. It is the 150th anniversary of Italy’s reunification.
In order to pay tribute to this special year, Jaeger-LeCoultre specially launched the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Italian limited edition model, limited to 150 stainless steel, 50 18K rose gold style, the most special place is on the dial, at 8 o’clock The letter R in red replaces the number (the English letter of Reverso extends over the letter).
The letter ‘R’ actually means ’80’ in Roman numerals, and red makes the whole dial look like a dragon. This Reverso watch is as thin as never before. Although its large case brings a thick texture to the wrist, it is still light and comfortable to wear due to its curved lines. A simple dial with grid-like carvings, quaint and elegant Arabic numerals, and slender blue hands-this ultra-thin watch brings together all the classic aesthetic elements of the Reverso collection. This new model showcases the essence of the personality of the Reverso series. It is the perfect combination of tradition and nobility, elegance and fashion.
Watch technical information:
• Jaeger-LeCoultre 822 manual winding mechanical movement, all handmade, assembled and carved.
• Vibration frequency: 21 600 times per hour.
• Number of jewel bearings: 21 pieces.
• Movement thickness: 2.94 mm.
• Number of parts: 134.
• Power reserve: 45 hours.
• Hour and minute display.
• Stainless steel or 18K rose gold.
• Case height: 46 mm.
• Case width: 27.5 mm.
• Case thickness: 7.2 mm.
• The back is engraved with the words ‘contrôle 1000 heures’.
• Water-resistant to 3 bar.
• Silver engraved dial with embossed digital hour markers and graduations.
• Limited edition: black dial with white scale, or silver dial with gold digital hour markers and scales.
• Black alligator leather.
• Pin buckle.